Monday, April 5, 2021

What "Glory Days?"

Moving forward, forgetting the past. This message clearly spoke to me one Sunday as it became the main point of our pastor's preaching. 
Bound for the rainbow's end.


Our God is a blesser of material things. But since we moved to Malaysia and since I left my former job, God has been imparting to me His spiritual blessings more. I used to work for the U.S. Government for almost nine years. Never had I imagined living in Malaysia. I had the opportunity to start a new life in the U.S. But we’re here. Now I know why. It’s because He’s telling me to forget the so-called “glory days.” He wants me to do more work FOR HIM this time. He prospered me before, now it’s time to bring Him back the glory. What pastor said that nobody is indispensable and that you are as good as your last project, that is so on point.
 
The concept of an eternal perspective is becoming clearer to me as we live here. Since the pandemic, I never thought I’d be able to lead two life groups or share the Gospel with many people. The Holy Spirit has been generous in empowering me, in removing the fear of rejection. I’m moved to see them accept Jesus as their Savior. I also discipled two desperate people. One of them was on the verge to kill herself but then she received my simple “How are you?” message. She said my timing was Godsent. I was like: “Really?” while scratching my clueless head. I saw God’s hands moving in their lives as I led them to Christ, with His solutions to their seemingly insurmountable problems. That built my faith, too. That friend who was about to commit suicide has found a job and she’s been thankful to God. The other person is back with her family after surviving as a cash-strapped worker here. Big God, indeed! 

You see, I appreciate all the great material opportunities: finishing a book, a small coffee business, and a scholarship offer by a government university in Sydney, among the many. My heart is humbled and overwhelmed. But the weight of the spiritual blessings seems to matter more to me now, to my surprise. I guess I’m being changed. I’m looking forward to the greater prize that awaits as I forget the past earthly glories without regrets. 

Glory to our Lord!

(I read this as part of our church's Worship and Prayer Night in April. I was asked to share if I have a testimony about how amazing our God is.)

No comments:

Post a Comment