Thursday, November 20, 2014

38th!

Birthdays... They are supposed to remind you how another year has been added to your life. Or how many friends and family members can remember and show their appreciation for you on your special day. With or without Facebook reminders.

To me, it's kind of different this year. I was originally planning to have a grand videoke party and invite my closest colleagues and friends. However, the opposite happened. It became a very intimate one. By intimate, I mean just me and my husband dining after office in a Vietnamese restaurant at BGC. I had a very simple and ordinary day. Flashback a few hours before dinner, my officemates surprised me with a delightful chocolate fudge cake during lunch.

I think it's true. That as you grow old, birthdays begin to seem to be just another day in your life. No problem with me.

I guess my main takeaway from yesterday's "special" day is this: Time heals all wounds. God is just. He is the only one who can restore relationships, remove the pain, vindicate you, and make you realize that you have to take things less seriously unless it's about God. I've known these all my life. But sometimes knowing is not doing. I'm grateful that this year, I truly came to grasp its meaning. I've seen this kind of justice all my life. With God, delivering me through all the hard times and separating me from among those who plan wrong things. I became 100% thankful only this year. Late bloomer? Perhaps. They say it's never too late for one to change and become better. Even at 38...  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment