Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Why Can't I Write a Great Song for You?



Why can't I write a great song for You?
I'm always at a loss for words
My thoughts are filled with amazement
And my heart with gladness
But I sure lack the skill to capture
And write fantastic poetry that will reverberate Your majesty


Why can't I write a great song for You?
I'm just an ordinary person with an average knowledge
Whose vocabulary's not broad enough for a masterpiece
My name is obscure, no niche, no specialty

Why can't I write a great song for You?
Is it my lack of time?
My temperament?
My fears?
My hesitations?
My sorrows?
Or my excuses?

Why can't I write a great song for You?
My meditation tells why
It is because You are truly stupendous that no man
in his own wisdom, skill, greatness, fluency, capacity, or experience
could ever simplify into letter combinations Your holiness
It will be completely careless for man to think that such poetry will be
enough in resounding the Lord's splendor

So with all humility, I apologize for this simple yet heartfelt verse
I cannot produce one great song for You
Because You already know my heart inside and out
To impress would be external
To love and obey You are paramount
Because a clean heart would always be better than a great song... for You



(July 18, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment